The EAIE is the European centre for expertise, networking and resources in the internationalisation of higher education. We are a non-profit, member-led organisation serving individuals actively involved in the internationalisation of their institutions.
- Lead the strategic development and growth of the EAIE’s event portfolio comprising of our Annual Conference & Exhibition, seminars and other small events.
Create and manage an annual budget of €2 million; in partnership with the Deputy Executive Director, conduct long-term financial planning around the events.
- Secure bids from Europe's major convention centres and supervise negotiation of contracts with destination management companies and other suppliers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with sponsors and exhibitors, as well as city stakeholders and the local higher education sector.
- Work with fellow senior management to identify opportunities to improve delegate experience, reach new audiences, generate cross-sell opportunities, develop revenue streams, and improve profit margins.
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management or related field.
- Minimum 7 years in the events business, organising large scale meetings and/or exhibitions.
Minimum 5 years of hiring, evaluating and supervising personnel.
- Proven ability to put data to work to gain business insights and contribute to solid decision making.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Flexibility: out of hours working and travel will be required at times.
- Experience in associations or non-profits preferred.
- You’re remarkably people-oriented: You enjoy establishing and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments.
- You are a smart-creative: You thrive in creative and inventive environments with people who are passionate about their work. You have the ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions. You are not scared to try something new.
- You're an inspiring manager: You find joy in managing, mentoring and leading team members so they can be motivated in their career performance and job satisfaction.
- You ensure tough decisions get made: You are able to take a position and make decisions even when they may not be popular with all stakeholders. When a decision needs to be made by someone higher up, you operate with poise and reliability to present a persuasive argument.
- You see the bigger picture: You are aware of the consequences of decisions and/or actions for the entire organisation.
The EAIE offers a stimulating work environment, a generous benefit package, and an international staff who are dedicated to our mission. What more could you ask for? Maybe free fresh fruit, Nespresso and a chair massage? We provide those things too!
- Competitive salary: depending on education/work experience, based on 37.5 hours per week.
- Work hard, play hard: 25 days of holiday per year (plus 10 days at Christmas).
- Retire in style: we contribute while you contribute to your pension scheme.
- Ride the train: 75% of your daily transportation covered if you live outside of Amsterdam.
- Health is wealth: 50% of your monthly health insurance coverage covered.
- Lifelong learning: opportunities for professional development.
Application deadline: 30 September 2019