The EAIE is the European centre for expertise, networking and resources in the internationalisation of higher education. We are a non-profit, member-led organisation serving individuals actively involved in the internationalisation of their institutions.
Proactively execute the EAIE's marketing and communications strategy in order to advance the EAIE’s mission and strengthen our reputation as the European centre for expertise, networking and resources in the internationalisation of higher education.
Guide the Marketing & Communications team in achieving success by establishing clear planning and monitoring progress to achieve deliverable on time and within budget.
Lead, build and manage the team, carrying out performance reviews and driving continual process improvements.
Responsible for delivering high quality and consistency across all products and services, including our publications, website, social networks, campaigns and event collateral.
Act as a sparring partner for the Deputy Executive Director of Strategic Engagement, helping to develop strategy and establish priorities.
- Minimum five to seven years of experience in marketing communications, preferably in a non-profit.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or English.
- A proven track record of successfully motivating high performance in others.
- (Near) native English speaker with excellent writing and editing skills.
- Affinity with the (international) higher education sector preferred.
- Flexibility to travel internationally on an occasional basis.
- Based in the Netherlands with a valid work permit.
You have an operational drive: You are a planner and know how to bring people together to get things done. You love implementing best practices to manage projects efficiently and are always on the look-out for potential issues so you can tackle them before they occur.
You see the bigger picture and excel at connecting the dots: You're able to break large projects into bite-size pieces while always keeping your eye on the greater goal. You see how things are interconnected and think two steps ahead. You are aware of the consequences of decisions and/or actions for the entire organisation.
You pay attention to the details: You strive for excellence in everything you do and motivate others to do the same. You understand that the small details matter. You are the last eye on your team’s work before publication.
You are a people person: You have a strong social intelligence and the ability to work with a variety of people at all levels of an organisation to achieve a shared goal. You bring out the best in others so they can maximise their performance and job satisfaction.
The EAIE offers a stimulating work environment, a generous benefit package, and an international staff who are dedicated to our mission. What more could you ask for? Maybe free fresh fruit, Nespresso and a chair massage? We provide those things too!
- Competitive salary: a great salary based on experience, keeping in mind we are a non-profit. This role is for 4–5 days per week, starting 1 January 2019.
- Work hard, play hard: 25 days of holiday per year (plus 10 days at Christmas).
- Retire in style: we contribute while you contribute to your pension scheme.
- Ride the train: 75% of your daily transportation covered if you live outside of Amsterdam.
- Health is wealth: 50% of your monthly health insurance coverage covered.
- Lifelong learning: opportunities for professional development.
Qualifying candidates will be contacted for an interview. Candidates must already be residing in the Netherlands.